Today, every person work hard whole day and at night they want to rest (a good sleep) but due to some issues they can’t sleep well and a problem which they have to face is Sleep Apnea. It is a sleep disorder that involves difficulty during sleep are classified as sleep-related breathing disorders. Obstructive sleep apnea is the most common disorder of sleep apnea.
So there is a solution for those who are facing the problem of sleep apnea i.e. CPAP which is also known as Continuous Positive Airway Pressure. CPAP device is the devices are the most commonly used treatment options for people experiencing breathing problems, most notably of which is Obstructive Sleep Apnea(OSA). Actually, the sufferers of OSA experience cessations in their breathing in which obstructions in the airway cause them to stop breathing for a few seconds at a time throughout the night. Depending on the severity of one’s sleep apnea, sufferers may experience anywhere from 5 to 100 interruptions per hour in their breathing! These interruptions can lead to a variety of health issues ranging from chronic daytime drowsiness and restless sleep to heart disease and stroke.
Symptoms of Sleep Apnea & What if you don’t use CPAP while sleep apnea disorder:
- Daily Challenges
- Hyper Tension
- Heart Failure
CPAP Device and It’s Working
The first question which grows in your mind that What CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) machines do? Actually, it gently blows pressurized air through your airway at a constant pressure that keeps the throat from collapsing. CPAP machines are very basic and easy to use and are consist of three major parts:
1. CPAP Motor: It is just a small compressor. It draws in room temperature air and gently pressurizes it to deliver the perfect amount of air pressure that you need to clear your obstruction. The air intake portion of the machine has a replaceable filter that screens out particulates and impurities. Most newer CPAP machines also have a small water tank that, when turned on, heats up the water to provide moisture to the air you breathe in. These built-in humidifiers are ideal for people living in dry or arid climates and those that frequently wake with dry mouth, throat, or nasal cavities. CPAP motors are extremely quiet and barely register above a whisper.
2. CPAP Hoses:The hose is simply the delivery device that transports the pressurized air from the motor to the wearer’s mask. While most Hoses are 6 feet in length, the diameter of the hoses can be different depending on the machine that one uses. Most Hoses are now heated to reduce water condensation accumulation caused by the humidifiers.
3. CPAP Mask: CPAP masks come in all shapes and sizes because not every individual will feel comfortable wearing the same masks as others. While sizes and shapes may vary to fit different shaped faces, there are typically three mask type variations to choose from: nasal pillows, nasal masks, and full face masks. Finding the right mask for your personal level of comfort is the most important part of CPAP compliance.
Those who begin using their CPAP devices, often begin to experience immediate positive results like
- Increased alertness during the day.
- Improvement in quality of nightly sleep
- Lower blood pressure both during the day and at night.
- A significant decrease of daytime drowsiness.
- Elimination of snoring and breathing obstructions.
- Prevention or reversal of serious health conditions such as cardiovascular diseases and stroke.
Moreover, if you take a look at results, So it’s a better machine for those who face this disorder of Sleep Apnea. As proper rest is very necessary for this era.
Hope you will like it and I can believe that it will really help you to get rid of Sleep Apnea problem. Share it with your friends and relatives who face such problems and give us feedback.
Now, I have seen that many CPAP Product is available in the market and it’s quiet confusing to understand “Which CPAP Product should we purchase?”
How to Select Best CPAP Product?
1. First of all, the sleeping disorder is recognised by the physician of a clinic or a hospital when you are sleeping at night that which type of problems you face. They also determine the response of your body to different layers of air pressure. Some other things are also measure in this study. After that study, CPAP or BIPAP are recommended by the doctor. Being prescribed from a certified physician is the first step to buy a CPAP machine
2. Secondly, you can search that product in the market or in your area and if not then a best option is that you can buy it online. But always choose good brand and don’t consider money as the prime issue at the expense of quality.
3. Before choosing the machine, CPAP mask is also more important which should be genuine and the size of the mask which should be comfortable and easy to clean.
4. Your doctor can then calibrate your update well even if you are traveling somewhere towards higher altitudes. You can talk about the good battery backup and other accessories. If you use a humidifier and live in a cold place, rainout-reduction kit can help to prevent condensation.
5. You can take other’s opinion who are using this product before taking it and about similar products. Also you can take advise of your friends and relatives beafore choosing this machine. At last take the short list and crosscheck the pricing. Find out which short listed product is asking a reasonable price and then go for it’s shopping.